Specialty: Orthopedic Spine Surgery
Undergraduate Education: University of Wisconsin
Graduate Education: Medical College of Wisconsin
Residency: Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, Orthopedics
Fellowship: University of California San Diego Medical Center, Spine Surgery
Board Certification(s): American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Years in Practice: 27
Hospital Affiliation(s): Troy Beaumont Hospital & Royal Oak Beaumont Hospital
Award(s): William Beaumont Hospital Annual Research Forum Top Placement Award
- Ahlgren BD, Vasavada A, Brower RS, Lydon C, Herkowitz HN, Panjabi MM. Effects of Annular Incision on the Strength and Multidirectional Flexibility of the Healing Intervertebral Disc: Using an In Vivo Sheep Model. Spine, April 1994.
- Ahlgren BD and Herkowitz HN. A Modified Posterolateral Approach to the Thoracic Spine. Journal of Spine Disorders, January 1995.
- Garfin SR and Ahlgren BD. Conventional Posterior Cervical Spine Fusion: Interspinous Wiring and the Southpick Technique. Techniques in Spine Surgery, Robert Watkins, Ed. June 1995.
- Ahlgren BD, Lui W, Herkowitz HN, Panjabi MM, Guiboux JP. Effect of Annular Repair on the Healing Strength of the Intervertebral Disc: A Sheep Model, September 2002.
- Vaccaro AR, Lehman AP, Ahlgren BD, Garfin SR. Anterior C1-C2 Screw Fixation and Bony Fusion through Anterior Retropharyngeal Approach, December 1999.
- Guiboux JP, Ahlgren BD, Patti JE, Bernhard M, Zervos M, Herkowitz HN. The Role of Prophylactic Antiobiotics in Spinal Instrumentation: A Rabbit Model, March 1998.
- Ahlgren BD and Garfin SR. Cervical Radiculopathy, April 1996.
- Ahlgren BD and Garfin SR. Conventional Posterior Cervical Spine Fusion: Interspinous and Facet Wiring Techniques, 1998.
- Ahlgren BD, Morris GF, Garfin SR. Cervical Spine Tumors, January 1996.
- Ahlgren BD, Lydon C, Brower RS, Vasavada A, Herkowitz HN, Panjabi MM. Strength of Healing Lumbar Disc After Surgical Incision.
- Vasavada A, Ahlgren BD, Panjabi MM. Temporal Changes in the Multidirectional Flexibility of Lumbar Disc Incisions.
- Ahlgren BD, Herkowitz HN, Lui W, Panjabi MM. Effect of Repair of Annular Incisions in the Healing Strength of Intervertebral Disc. Presented at ISSLS Helinksi, Finland, June 1995.
- Ahlgren BD, Massie J, Mooney V. Origin of Blood Supply in Lumbar Intertransverse Spine Fusions.
- Mooney V, Massie J, Ahlgren BD. Use of Bone Graft Substitute in Anterior Interbody Fusion Using Cage: Using a Goat Model.
- Ahlgren BD, Massie J, Garfin SR. Technique of Cervical Spine Pedicle Screw Placement.